Many dental treatments fall into this category, including:
- dental veneers
- teeth whitening
- facial injectable
- tooth-coloured fillings
- Invisalign / ClearCorrect
When can cosmetic dentistry help?
These treatments can assist any person wanting to improve the appearance of their teeth and gums and also their dental hygiene. They can help with:
- discoloured or stained teeth
- chipped or misshapen teeth
- crooked teeth
- teeth with unsightly gaps between them
- improving your whole smile
What are the benefits?
While the main benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the creation or restoration of an aesthetically pleasing smile, it is functional too. Some procedures help strengthen teeth and improve bite. Protecting hairline cracks or uneven edges of a tooth also prevents further damage.
Additionally, there are other social and health benefits associated with cosmetic dentistry, including:
- an improved psychological outlook and higher self-esteem
- the reversal of dental problems that were previously a source of embarrassment
- better oral health because straight teeth are easier to clean and decay is easier to spot on white teeth
- avoiding the need for more costly dental treatments in the future
- protection against decay
Cosmetic dentistry may enhance your appearance and boost your self-esteem. However, not all cosmetic dental treatments are appropriate for everyone. More importantly, the state of a person’s oral health determines their suitability for cosmetic dentistry. Everyone’s situation is unique and the initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability.